Sunday, June 11, 2006

Karrie Webb's side of the penalty story


Here's Karrie's side of the Sorenstam penalty story.

Q. Tell us what happened on 2.
KARRIE WEBB: With Annika?

Q. Yeah.
KARRIE WEBB: Well, I saw her remove part of a divot next to a filled, like a replaced divot. It was a little bit. And I wasn't going to say anything. And then I hit my lay up and I looked over again and she removed the rest of it. And I just know you can't do that. And I, I was either going to feel bad for calling it on her or feel bad if she won by one and whoever finished second and I didn't say something. So that's why I said something.

Q. She moved both pieces? I only saw the second. She said I think the ball was to the right?
KARRIE WEBB: I think the second piece was up against the ball, from what she said to Angus (MacKenzie, rules official).

Q. Was there any question about the penalty?
KARRIE WEBB: No, I don't think so. I don't know if she was aware of the ruling or what.

Q. Did that rattle you at all?
KARRIE WEBB: Yeah, a little bit, because I don't like to have to do that. It's not any fun.

No comments: