Monday, July 24, 2006
Five things I learned watching the British Open
1. Tiger Woods will definitely break Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 majors. In the past year, I had my doubts. No longer. He's as good as ever, and more determined.
2. Parched as it was, Hoylake was a perfectly suitable venue, not the over-matched has-been course many of the critics made it out to be.
3. Chris DiMarco has more grit, guts and fight in his pinky finger than most of his tour pro rivals could ever dream of having.
4. Jim Furyk ain't far behind him.
5. I'd never really noticed before what a vacuous, annoying twit Bobby Clampett is.