Thursday, January 24, 2008

I have returned


I said I would return and I have.

I am back after two months in the wilds of New Jersey and the News Department. I am back on golf -- the green, green, lush, manicured grass of golf.

Excuse me, I need a moment...

Anyway, because the Sports Department is also short-staffed, I'll get yanked from time to time to cover a Flyers game, or a college hoops game, or who knows what. But as spring approaches and the PGA Tour cranks up, I hope to be all golf all the time.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Let's see what we've missed in the world of golf since you've been hijacked to the nether lands:

1. Rory Sabbatini's controversial withdrawal from Tiger's Target event.
2. Tiger, Phil AND Finchem not appearing for the Tour's opening event at Kapalua.
3. KJ Choi's win in Hawaii.
4. Justin Leonard giving away The Hope.
5. Tiger destroying the field so far at The Buick.
6. The Tour sort of abandoning Westchester CC.
7. The sad state of John Daly in decline.
8. The Tour's new cut policy.
9. Kelly Tilghman/Golfweek controversy.
10. The new USGA rules on equipment.
11. The PGA Show.
12. PGA Tour caddie killed in accident.

I did see your article on Cricket getting the Women's Mid-Am.

The Muni Golfer said...

Welcome back! Yes, a lot has happened in golf, not only on the pro tours, but locally as well. Billy Casper Golf has taken over four of Philly's Muni Courses, while two have been left to fend for themselves. I hope you stay on top of this story.