Saturday, July 07, 2007

Tiger's swing


For the life of me, I cannot figure out why Tiger Woods swings at the ball so hard. Never could.

I mean, I am sitting here watching the AT&T National as Tiger takes the violent swipes at the ball with his driver. And while the stat sheet says he's hitting more fairways than he misses, it seems like every time I look up he's dropping the club in disgust or wading around in ankle-deep rough looking for his tee ball.

I cannot help but wonder if he couldn't hit almost every fairway if he would just dial it back a little.

The guy's got power to burn. Even if he let up just a itty-bitty bit, how could it not give him a little more control and accuracy? How could it hurt?
His driving accuracy is just over 55 percent and he ranks 165th on the PGA Tour. Imagine how many tournaments he would win if he improved that ranking to, say, 65?

No comments: