Monday, May 22, 2006

Annika Chronicles



If you missed it, Annika Sorenstam, who is going through and uncharacterisic rough patch in her career, was at 3-under par and in contention in Sunday's final round of the Sybase Classic when she was suddenly visited by calamity.

At the 9th hole, playing into an elevated green, Sorenstam's approach shot spun off the green and down a hill three times, before she finally got one to hold. The resulting triple-bogey was all the opening Larena Ochao needed to nab victory. Sorenstam shot 74 and finished tied for 6th.

“I hit a lot of good shots. I really did,” said Sorenstam. “It's a tough green. I hit a 9‑iron in the first time and I thought it was a great shot. I actually took one more club to hit it soft to make sure it wouldn't spin. And then I hit a sand wedge. I don't know what to say other than that. I made seven good shots.”

No comments: